Designed around the California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders and the standards for the CTC's Administrative Services Clear Induction Program, ACSA academies are the fast-track to career advancement. Academies are intensive, multi-weekend programs provide in-depth knowledge and practical skills.
ACSA has over a decade of providing high quality Clear Administrative Services Credentialing induction programs throughout California. Our program supports and accelerates school leader practice to positively impact student learning. Through targeted coaching and timely and ongoing professional development, the program participants build capacity to develop positive and collaborative school cultures.
Clear Credential Candidates will benefit from the following program components:
- 40 hours per year of individualized, on-site leadership coaching
- Highly trained, skilled and successful Certified Leadership Coach
- 20 hours per year of individualized Professional Development opportunities
- Cohort-based collaboration and connectivity with new administrators throughout California
- Collaborative and supportive system for developing his/her induction plan and action steps
Following are the application window dates:
2016-17 CACP Cohorts Application Window
- Fall Cohort: June 1, 2016 - Sept. 30, 2016
- Winter Cohort: Nov. 1, 2016 - Jan. 31, 2017
- Spring Cohort: Feb. 1, 2017 - May 31, 2017
Leading the Leaders is a professional learning program that has successfully assisted first and second year superintendents for over fourteen years. The program places participants into a yearlong cohort (North or South) and tackles the current issues faced by superintendents in four workshop settings.
Each workshop is comprised of session topics based upon the California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (CPSEL), delivered by experienced superintendents.
Practical topics will be included, such as:
- Negotiations-Setting the Stage and Understanding the Impacts of Your First Interim
- Digital Literacy, Citizenship & Leadership
- Personnel Issues
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Instructional Leaders
- What Have You Learned & Setting Goals for Next Year
- Effectively Working With Your Board (reviewing your contract and preparing for evaluation)
- Leadership in a Proactive World
- Superintendent Ethics and Form 700
- Getting a Better Grasp of Special Education
- Knowing More Than Your CBO Knows About Your Budget