The work of ACSA will focus on the association’s mission statement:
The Association of California School Administrators is the driving force for an equitable, world-class education system, and the development and support of inspired educational leaders who meet the diverse needs of all California students.
Membership Development and Support
- Leadership development: A strategy is developed to identify and support personal and professional leadership development in a career pathway – from credentialing through retirement.
- Professional development – delivery and reinforcement: ACSA members will have access to a wide range of delivery formats to learn in the manner and pace preferred.
- Member networking and collaboration: Multiple platforms exist to facilitate networking and collaboration among members.
Advocacy and Influence
- ACSA in a leadership role: ACSA is leading a collaborative effort to increase school funding in California.
- Grassroots advocacy and influence: Each region and charter understands the importance of and is fully engaged in local advocacy efforts.
Organizational Development and Sustainability
- Organizational alignment and accountability: A process is in place to identify on a regular basis shared state, region and charter goals, complementary roles in achieving them, and a system for reporting and accountability.
- Clear roles, expectations, operating guidelines and suggested practices are in place for regions and charters.
- Committees and councils are supporting the implementation of priorities in the Strategic Plan within their areas of expertise.
- Member outreach and engagement: Recommended approaches for engaging new, existing and retired members are developed and updated regularly with input from regions.