At ACSA's Personnel Institute, the workshops, seminars and presentations will empower HR staff—whether veterans or newcomers to the world of HR—to discover new ideas, stay up-to-date on the latest research and legal issues, and learn new concepts and ideas for future implementation in the HR office or the district.
This three-day event with its mix of interactive and workshop sessions presented by practitioners, consultants and attorneys will offer information and provide insight into the issues and laws that confront HR departments.
ACSA Member $459
Non Member $749
ACSA Member $249
Non Member $449
Hilton Long Beach Hotel
701 West Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90831
Personnel Institute Rate: $185 single/double
Reserve your room by Sept. 11 to receive discounted rate. (Block may sell out prior to Sept. 11, so please book as soon as possible).
To reserve your room, visit the Personnel Institute Reservation site or call 562-983-3400 and mention code PI2 (P.ersonnel I.nstitute 2).
Ray Curry Award
Each year, the ACSA Human Resources Council Personnel Institute Committee awards to an outstanding human resources or personnel administrator, the Ray Curry Award. This year, the award will be presented to the chosen human resources/personnel administrators on Wednesday, Oct. 4 during the Personnel Institute, held at the Hilton Long Beach Hotel in Long Beach, CA. The award presentation is a part of the Council and Committee's on-going efforts to recognize human resource/personnel administrators; specifically, the human resource or personnel administrators who most reflects the ideals, character, commitment, and dedication to the field of human resources or personnel administrators, as exemplified by Ray Curry and all he stood for in the field of human resources or personnel.
Criteria for Selection
- Be a member of ACSA
- Have contributed or displayed accomplishments in the role of human resources/personnel administrator at the district, region or state levels
- Possess outstanding professional qualities and traits
- Have been a contributor to the success of professional development activities and functions sponsored by the ACSA Human Resources Council
- Exhibits other significant contributions in the field of human resources/personnel administration
- Nominations are to be submitted only by members of ACSA, the ACSA Human Resources Council, School District Superintendents and/or ACSA Regional Presidents
- Biographical information about the nominee must be submitted by the nominating individual and included with the nomination from and supporting letters
- If selected, the award recipient is expected to be in attendance at the Personnel Institute - Oct. 4-6, 2017, specifically at the Award Ceremony on Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017.