HR Bootcamp: Surviving the First Year (Virtual Workshop)
This workshop is designed for Administrators, Classified Managers and other support staff who are new to Human Resources or interested in learning about the role and function of the Human Resources Department. Participants will benefit from this comprehensive overview of the myriad of tasks and responsibilities of the Human Resources Office. The presentation will include a detailed calendar of events, procedures related to Human Resources and a Human Resources Self‐Assessment Instrument. Join ACSA's personnel experts over three sessions to build your knowledge in the HR world.
- Identify and understand the complexities of HR administration.
- Describe the functions performed by the HR Office.
- Identify the various public stakeholders with whom the HR Office must interact and what results may be expected from those interactions.
- Become familiar with recent legislative and case law changes.
- Identify and understand HR procedures and the monitoring of critical timelines.
- Become familiar with an HR Office Self‐Assessment Instrument.
"The presenters were fantastic and I learned a lot of information in this course."
"I have learned so much. The information that I learned will make me become a better leader and educator. These three presenters are so knowledgeable. I am so glad that I signed up for this session."
"This workshop has provided me with tools that I believe I'll refer back to continuously throughout my career."
Dates & Locations
This workshop is a three-part VIRTUAL series:
- Session 1 meets on October 13 from 9am to 12pm
- Session 2 meets on October 20 from 9am to 12pm
- Session 3 meets on October 27 from 9am to 12pm
All sessions will be recorded and available for registered attendees.