Making Schools Better for LGBT Students
This one-day workshop will equip school leaders with the knowledge, skills, and tools to ensure LGBT students are educated in a safe and inclusive environment, free from bias, harassment and discrimination, and to better serve at-risk LGBT students.
- Become familiar with sexual orientation and gender definitions, terms and transitions.
- Understand research and data related to LGBT youth and their families.
- Learn about current laws and their application in schools.
- Share best practices for creating safe and welcoming school climates through LGBT policies and procedures.
- Learn tools for protecting LGBTQ students from bullying and violence.
- Support transitioning youth, employees or parents in the school community.
- Lead staff in LGBT youth initiatives and professional development.
Suggested Audience: Superintendents, school board members, district and site Administrators and other educators.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served
Dates & Locations
New dates coming soon.
8:00-8:30 a.m. registration/check in
8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. workshop