Lead from Your Strengths: How to Build Strength-Based Schools and Leaders
For years, schools and other institutions have focused on identifying weaknesses and fixing deficits. Current research indicates that far greater results can be realized by learning about our strengths and then finding ways to apply these strengths more extensively. Teams that focus on strengths are 12.5% more productive and when administrators focus regularly on strengths, employees are six times as likely to be engaged.
Learn the latest concepts and application of strength-based leadership and how to build a strength-based school, where teachers and students understand and constantly build on their strengths in order to increase their success.
Outcomes (what you will learn):
- Learn the three myths that are holding schools and students back from achieving their full potential.
- Understand the difference between deficit-based and strength-based thinking.
- Examine and understand your own individualized Strengths Report along with concrete ways to build on each strength.
- Understand the keys to high functioning strength-based teams.
- Practice investing in your strengths to produce better outcomes.
- Explore ways schools are using strengths in IEPs, the goal setting and evaluation process, parent teacher conferences, project assignment and more.
- Learn how your strengths work together to enhance each other.
- Understand at a deeper level positive differences in others and how to value these differences.
- See how differences on teams are a huge advance and how to build on these advantages to create strong school and district teams.
Suggested Audience: Site and district administrators; leadership teams, teams of administrators and teachers; teacher and classified leaders, aspiring leaders.
Dates & Locations
ACSA Sac Office, Dec. 7 - Canceled
1029 J Street, Suite 320
Sacramento, CA 95814
ACSA Ontario Office, Mar 1
3602 Inland Empire Blvd. Suite A230
Ontario, CA 91764
8:00-8:30 a.m. registration/check in
8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. workshop