The Human Resources Office: The First 90 Days and Beyond
This one-day workshop is designed for administrators with Human Resources responsibilities, classified managers and other support staff.
Participants new to Human Resources and those with years of HR experience will benefit from the comprehensive overview of the myriad tasks and responsibilities of the Human Resources office, as well as practical skills and best practices. The presentation will include a detailed calendar of events, procedures related to HR and a Human Resources self-assessment tool.
- Identify and understand the complexities of HR administration.
- Describe the functions performed by the HR Office.
- Identify the various public stakeholders with whom the HR Office must interact and what results may be expected from those interactions.
- Become familiar with recent legislative and case law changes.
- Identify and understand HR procedures and the monitoring of critical timelines.
- Become familiar with an HR Office Self-Assessment Instrument.
Dates & Locations
San Diego COE Jan 14, 2019
6401 Linda Vista Rd, Annex C
San Diego, CA 92111
ACSA Ontario Feb 1, 2019 - Canceled
3602 Inland Empire Blvd, Ste A230
Ontario, CA 91764
ACSA Sacramento Feb 7, 2019
1029 J Street, Suite 320
Sacramento, CA 95814
8:00 to 8:30 a.m. registration/check in
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. workshop