The Human Resources Office: The First 90 Days and Beyond
This one-day workshop is designed for administrators with Human Resources responsibilities, classified managers and other support staff.
Participants new to Human Resources and those with years of HR experience will benefit from the comprehensive overview of the myriad tasks and responsibilities of the Human Resources office, as well as practical skills and best practices. The presentation will include a detailed calendar of events, procedures related to HR and a Human Resources self-assessment tool.
- Identify and understand the complexities of HR administration.
- Describe the functions performed by the HR Office.
- Identify the various public stakeholders with whom the HR Office must interact and what results may be expected from those interactions.
- Become familiar with recent legislative and case law changes.
- Identify and understand HR procedures and the monitoring of critical timelines.
- Become familiar with an HR Office Self-Assessment Instrument.
Dates & Locations
Registration is hyperlinked below.
October 24, 2019
Pleasant Valley SD
600 Temple Avenue
Camarillo, CA 93010
October 29, 2019
Santa Clara COE
1290 Ridder Park Drive, Milpitas Room
San Jose, CA 95131
January 7, 2020
3602 Inland Empire, Suite A-230
Ontario, CA 91764
January 9, 2020
1029 J Street, Suite 320
Sacramento, CA 95814
February 4, 2020
La Mesa - Spring Valley Schools
4750 Date Avenue, Board Room
La Mesa, CA 91942
8:00 to 8:30 a.m. registration/check in
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. workshop