How to Get Your Next Job in Educational Leadership
Master the Moves of Career Advancement with Courage, Skill and Confidence
Do you want to move ahead in your career but fear the job interview? Are you tired of being complimented for coming in second? Are you prepared to answer the wide range of questions asked in an interview? This engaging and practical workshop will address these questions and more.
Dr. Marilou Ryder, former superintendent and author of Rules of the Game: How to Win a Job in Educational Leadership (Delmar Publishing) will share smart strategies to help you build your job seeking skills and gain confidence as you prepare for upcoming career opportunities. This workshop is designed for aspiring school leaders, assistant principals, principals, district office leaders, classified leaders and assistant superintendents ready to move on to the next level in their careers.
You will learn how to….
- Strategically plan for your next career move
- Write letters of application
- Design resumes that stand out in the crowd
- Learn the subtle art of self-promotion
- Develop scrimmage notes in preparation for the wide range of questions asked in an interview
- Establish smart habits before and after the job interview
- Prepare for the high-stakes interview by practicing common interview themes
- Begin to work on your professional brand by building a winning image
- Develop courage and resiliency throughout the job seeking process
- Persevere when the going gets tough
Dates & Locations
New dates coming soon.
8:00 to 8:30 a.m. registration/check in
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. workshop