ACSA Board Officer Nominations
The 2022-2023 Vice President nomination deadline is September 7, 2021.
The office of vice president is seen as key in helping set the direction of the association, as it is the direct route to the presidency.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Attend all board meetings.
- Know the association and the board president’s duties.
- Be prepared to perform the board president’s duties when called upon.
- Serve on the Executive Committee.
- Chair the association’s Finance Committee.
- Work closely as a consultant and advisor to the board president.
- Develop rapport and a close working relationship with the executive director and board president.
- Carry out special assignments from the board president.
The major responsibility of the Vice President is to serve in the place of the President-Elect or President during the President’s or President-Elect’s absence or to assume the office of President-Elect should it become vacant. To prepare for this role, he or she should serve on the executive committee, chair at least one important committee, and work closely with the executive director and board president. The vice president is an active player on the board leadership team and should encounter no real surprises if he or she assumes the duties of president.
Service on the Board of Directors or Delegate Assembly as region president or state chairperson is preferable. ACSA aims to present a slate of more than one candidate. The nominating committee will work to solicit a sufficient number of candidates to ensure a balanced slate.
For more information, contact Lori Allred at or (800) 608-ACSA.
Nominations must be received no later than Wednesday, September 7, 2021.