Ray Curry Award
The 2021 nomination deadline is Sept. 10.
Each year, the ACSA Human Resources Council Personnel Institute Committee awards to an outstanding human resources or personnel administrator, the Ray Curry Award. The award will be presented to the chosen human resources/personnel administrators during the Personnel Institute. The award presentation is a part of the Council and Committee's on-going efforts to recognize human resource/personnel administrators; specifically, the human resource or personnel administrators who most reflects the ideals, character, commitment, and dedication to the field of human resources or personnel administrators, as exemplified by Ray Curry and all he stood for in the field of human resources or personnel.
Criteria for Selection
- Be a member of ACSA
- Have contributed or displayed accomplishments in the role of human resources/personnel administrator at the district, region or state levels
- Possess outstanding professional qualities and traits
- Have been a contributor to the success of professional development activities and functions sponsored by the ACSA Human Resources Council
- Exhibits other significant contributions in the field of human resources/personnel administration
- Nominations are to be submitted only by members of ACSA, the ACSA Human Resources Council, School District Superintendents and/or ACSA Regional Presidents
- Biographical information about the nominee must be submitted by the nominating individual and included with the nomination form and supporting letters
- The recipient will be presented with the award during the Personnel Institute.
- Nomination deadline is Sept. 10.
Ray Curry committed himself to the field of Personnel Administration/Human Resources and to the work of the Association of California School Administrators throughout his entire career. It is without question that much of what we do today in the field of Personnel Administration/Human Resources came about due to the leadership, foresight and vision of Ray Curry.
Mr. Curry attended St. Mary’s College and because of his skill on the athletic field, was enshrined in the Football Hall of Fame. He distinguished himself as a teacher and administrative leader in the Grant Union High School District, and then became Personnel Administrator in the San Juan Unified School District. Mr. Curry was committed to the success of ACSA and extended that commitment to the area of Personnel Administration/Human Resources within the organization, and across the state of California. He also served as the chief Personnel Administrator for the Los Rios Community College District.
Ray Curry was involved and participated in all aspects of Personnel Administration/Human Resources. He was Assistant Executive Director for ACSA, Executive Director for the American Association of School Personnel Administrators and because of his concern for those in the field and others who might be coming into the field; he created and developed the ACSA Personnel Academy, Personnel Institute and Negotiators’ Symposium.
Because of the aforementioned, the annual award for excellence in Personnel Administration presented each year at the Personnel Institute is presented to the individual who most exemplifies the meaning of Personnel Administrator; Mr. Ray Curry.
- Complete Nomination nominee and nominator information and four (4) prompts.
- Letters of support that include knowledge of the nominee’s work and contributions are strongly recommended, but are not required. Please attach up to three (3) supporting documents.
- Nomination forms must be submitted by Sept. 10.