You Should Attend This Professional Development Workshop If You . . .
· Are new to your job.
· Are responsible to supervise anyone.
· Are not so new to your job, but need to know more about themes that are affecting today’s educational climate such as the evaluation process, due process, the legal requirements of dismissal and much more.
· Would like to increase your value by adding tools to your repertoire of knowledge
· Are willing to invest in yourself and can appreciate that the best way to prepare for change is to continue to grow through personal and professional development.
· Would like to be prepared for job advancement opportunities.
In this job-alike workshop, you will learn to . . .
· Understand the evaluation process and its purpose;
· Be able to identify or develop strategies for employees to follow to improve performance;
· Understand progressive discipline principles;
· Be able to define due process under the 14th Amendment of the Constitution;
· Know state & district requirements regarding evaluation of employees including peer assistance;
· Be able to identify alternative methods of employee evaluation;
· Understand the legal requirements in the dismissal of employees & the types of dismissal hearings;
· Understand interrelationship between Ed Code, contract language & merit system.
You will find that this workshop is extremely relevant for the current educational climate. Workshop date and location below. Please register early as seating is limited.
October 24, 2013 **Seats Still Available**
ACSA – Burlingame Office
1575 Bayshore Hwy
Burlingame, CA 94010
December 12, 2013 **New Date/New Location**
ACSA - Sacramento Office
1029 J Street, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95814
November 1, 2013
Santa Barbara USD
720 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
January 30, 2014 **Date Change**
ACSA - Ontario Office
3602 Inland Empire Blvd., Ste A230
Ontario, CA 91764
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.