The ACSA Curriculum and Instructional Leaders Academy introduces participants to a variety of strategies for developing effective instructional practices based on current theories on student learning and assessment.
Presentations and discussion sessions are conducted by an experienced faculty of current practitioners. This academy enables new or aspiring instructional leaders to experience and then develop some of the fundamental skills needed to address standard-based reforms, including assessment, curriculum, monitoring and evaluation of instructional programs for their schools and school districts.
Academy sessions are particularly useful for educators managing changes that lead to the implementation of standards, assessment and accountability, including: superintendents, assistant superintendents for instruction, site administrators, project directors, curriculum directors, intervention specialists, district and county office administrators and school board members.
With prior approval from a CCTC approved Tier II program, Academy hours may be used to fulfill a portion of the ATP Practicum or fieldwork requirements for Tier II programs.
Specific themes include:
- Quality Instruction for All
- Meeting Diverse Student Needs
- Leading System Change and Transition
- State and Federal Mandates
- Personalizing Learning in Standards Based Systems
- Materials Selection for New Standards (Traditional, online, electronic)
- Meeting “Categorical” Needs with “Flexible” Funding
- Transitioning to New Standards for ELA, ELD, Math, and Science
- Student Assessments: Formative and Summative (SBAC)
- The Changing World of Teacher and Program Evaluation
- Literacy in All Subject Areas
The registrant receives 80 hours of instruction over eight weekend sessions. The session hours are Friday evenings, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.* The extensive course syllabus and materials each participant receives are an exceptional resource for ongoing reference.
*Please note that Saturday hours for this academy may vary.
NOTE: The Redding location has been cancelled due to low enrollment.