- Does the term (length) of your contract meet your needs?
- Do you have sufficient language to automatically extend the contract?
- Is the language in the contract specific? Vague terms such as “reasonable” may lead to future disputes.
- Can your contract be terminated without cause? If so, what are the specific terms for termination?
- Does the language provide you with automatic compensation increases?
- Are you satisfied with all provisions of the contract?
These tips provided by ACSA Professional Standards Advocates Lloyd Wamhof and Pat Souza. For assistance with your contract, call the ACSA Professional Standards Department at 800-608-2272.