Each year, a number of school leaders are fortunate to receive scholarships to ACSA’s world-class academies. Following is a list of the 2012 recipients, along with the academy they intend to attend.
Schaefer Curry Insurance has been a loyal supporter of this program for the past 20 years. Schaefer Curry provided scholarships to:
• Erick Witherspoon, principal, Lena Preston Elementary, Rialto USD, Superintendents Academy Whittier.
• Kurt Leptich, senior director, Imperial County SELPA, School Business Academy Riverside.
• Jennifer Willis, special education administrator, Mt. Pleasant SD, Special Education Sacramento.
• Christopher Crone, SELPA program specialist, Stanislaus COE, Special Education Sacramento.
• Ligia Hallstrom, principal on special assignment, Norwalk-La Mirada USD, Special Education Alhambra.
• Leslie Rapkine-Miller, principal, Kwis Elementary, Hacienda La Puente USD, Curriculum and Instruction Placentia.
ACSA provided scholarships for the following recipients:
• Matthew Saldana, principal, Long Beach USD, Superintendents Whittier.
• Khushwinder Gill, principal, George Kelly School, Tracy Jt. USD, Personnel Stockton.
• Vern Folley, principal, Rosamond High School, Southern Kern USD, Personnel Azusa.
• Genevieve Randolph, principal, Fred E. Weibel Elementary, Fremont USD, Curriculum and Instruction Carmichael.
• Sylvia Greenwood, principal, Lovonya DeJean Middle School, West Contra Costa USD, Superintendents Burlingame.
• Seema Gaur, consultant, LACOE, Personnel Tustin.
• Sal Reynoso, principal, Guadalupe USD, McKenzie Jr. High, C&I Redondo Beach.
• Debra Hendricks, assistant superintendent HR, Sylvan USD, Superintendents Burlingame.
For more information visit www.acsa.org/academies.