Continuous Improvement 101 Workshop: What's Happening with LCAP Today?
In the next school year, the Evaluation Rubrics will bring another layer of accountability by requiring districts to examine the results of their LCAP, reflect upon their strengths and weaknesses, and finally evaluate the practices used in the plan. Every stakeholder needs to be aware of the LCAP, the eight state priorities and their associated metrics to be a strong partner in closing the achievement gap. The more information and capacity built in stakeholders, the better partner they will be as districts implement their LCAP and create internal accountability.
Participants of LCAP 101 will walk away with a clear understanding of the LCAP, the eight state priorities, associated metrics, and how they, (no matter what level) can and should support the work in the LCAP of their local education agency (county, district, or charter school).
Continuous Improvement 101 can come straight to you, providing the calendar permits. Or, you can send stakeholders to a workshop in your area.
New dates and locations coming soon.
Visual methods of analyzing your district’s vital signs in the context of similar districts
When your LCAP team tackles the challenge of setting goals for next year’s plan, do you summon the genie in your lamp? When you start to prepare a slide deck for stakeholder meetings showing your LCAP goals for next year, does your pulse rate go up? Come to this three-hour workshop and learn how to:
- Frame your district in light of the districts most like yours;
- Put visual evidence to work to set goals that meet the S.M.A.R.T. goals methodology test;
- Discover evidence of your district’s strengths and challenges;
- Think with your eyes, measuring more wisely without math;
- Avoid the hazards of flawed data and logic errors
You’ll emerge from this workshop prepared to save time in developing your plan, and improve the quality of your plan at the same time. Expect to enhance your own analytic capabilities. You’ll be working in teams to solve riddles, and gaining experience presenting your findings. No data shoveling required. No calculators needed.
LCAP planning teams, or those responsible for budgeting and goal‐setting for their departments. Relevant across job functions. Human Resources and Business, Educational Services and Curriculum & Instruction, Student Services and Operations.
Registration Fee: $199 ACSA Member; $249 Non-member
Dates / Locations:
A Coherent System Learns from the Past on the Path to a Brighter Future
Creating Coherence to Develop Capacity and Sustainability of School District Improvement Efforts
ACSA and InnovateEd are partnering to support school districts with leading a system of continuous improvement that drives student success.
This powerful two-day institute will equip school district leaders with tools and resources proven to build capacity at the district, school and classroom levels for continuous growth and improvement. The Four Disciplines of Systems Leadership provides a research-based guide for district and school leaders to develop collective expertise through cycles of inquiry that deepen student learning.
The Systems Leadership Institute will emphasize:
- Creating coherence to develop leadership capacity and improve teaching and learning supports
- Focusing district-wide systems of continuous improvement on visible evidence of student learning
- Creating cycles of inquiry at the district, school and classroom levels to develop collective expertise and deepen student learning
- Designing an action plan that engages district leaders, principals and teachers in system of shared leadership for the sustainable improvement of student learning outcomes.
- Suggested Audience: District teams made up of superintendents, members of cabinet, lead principals and teacher leaders.
Registration Fee: $499 per person. Each institute is constructed of two (2) days. There are several locations to choose from. The registration fee covers all Institute materials, breakfast and lunch for both days.
Dates for 2017-18 include the following:
- Ontario/ACSA Ontario Office
Oct. 3 & 4
- Sacramento/ACSA Sacramento Office (canceled)
Oct. 10 & 11